background

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Update 2 Years Out


Hello all! I am so sorry that I have been away for so long. It is extremely difficult to try keeping up this blog while taking care of a baby, and I don't have the internet at home so I can't get on and post whenever I wish.

Quick update on my ankle 2 years out from my second surgery. I experienced some very minor problems this year with my ankle. I believe it is because of the swelling I experienced after giving birth. I feel like the muscles and tendons were stretched slightly and I started to feel a strange pop every once in awhile. The popping was on a much smaller scale than normal subluxing peroneals. I believed that it was intrasheath subluxing peroneal tendons (where they were just snapping around inside of their groove, not fully popping out over the bone.) However I began walking every day and slowly the popping went away. So I am hoping that the stretching that occurred in my ankle was finally able to tighten back up. My scar is looking good, but I have scaly dry skin above it. I try to lotion it often but the dry skin remains. It is not itchy or irritating though, so I don't worry about it. Please excuse the low quality phone picture:



I know that I haven't been able to answer all of the questions emailed to me. I never expected that so many people would have subluxing peroneal tendon questions. Going forward, I may not be able to answer every question, but if you have a guest post specifically relating to your ankle, then you can email it to me at emilygreenie@gmail.com. Make sure the title of the email says something about a guest post. Then I will post your experience here, and if you have a few questions you can include them at the bottom of your post hopefully people will post answers or similar experiences in the comments section at the bottom of the post. Thanks so much for reading, and I am hoping that when we are able to get the internet at home that I can update this blog far more often. Awareness of subluxing peroneal tendons is so important since it is so often misdiagnosed!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say thank you for starting up this blog :) - I have found it hard to find others that have been through this surgery, so knowing what to expect has been really great :) - I am currently 2 weeks post surgery and stuck in a fibreglass cast for 4 more weeks (apparently I wasn't allowed a moon boot because my bones were too hard and needed to mend in plaster) - and I am definately glad to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel eventually!!

    ReplyDelete