background

Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm back!


Hello all!

I am so sorry that I have virtually abandoned this blog. I had a baby 3 months ago and he was diagnosed at week 18 in the pregnancy with a very serious birth defect called a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Sadly, 50% of these babies die after they are born. Corrective surgery must be done soon after the birth. So the pregnancy was very high risk, and I had to move away from home for the delivery. He was in the NICU for a miraculous 36 days (they originally told us to plan on 4-6 months) and he is now 3 months old and doing better than anyone could have expected. (feel free to check out my personal blog if you want to keep up on that story - http://holdenandemilygreen.blogspot.com) So that is why I have been missing in action!

I would love to help anyone out with questions pertaining to subluxing peroneal tendons still. Please email me at emilygreenie@gmail.com, or use the contact form found on the sidebar. If you would like to write a guest post for me about your ankle experience, I would absolutely love to post it for you. This blog gets much more traffic than I ever imagined it would, so it is a good place to share your story and help others!

It is about a year and a half out from my last ankle surgery. It had been doing wonderfully until the later stages of my pregnancy. It is still not subluxing, but it sometimes feels stiff. I am hoping that it gets better. My husband is in school to become a physical therapy assistant, so he has been helping me to re-strengthen it. Here is a picture of my ankle, taken this morning. (It is very hard to get a picture of your own ankle, so sorry it isn't great!) The red line curving behind the bone that sticks out is the scar. Keep in mind that I have had this surgery done twice now (through the same incision both times) and so my scar may be more prominent than others who have only had the surgery once. Thanks for stopping by, and please contact me if there is a certain topic that you would like to see up on this blog, or if you have questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment