background

Monday, September 17, 2012

Recovering ankle update: Out of the cast!

Hello everyone, I got out of my cast on Friday!

I was in the cast for about 4 weeks. Once out of the cast, my foot feels all weak and wobbly. It takes some time to get adjusted to walking. I am putting most of my weight on my right foot. I have an aircast that protects my ankle from rolling until I get back my strength through exercises.

Aircast Airsport
I start physical therapy tomorrow. My surgical wound seems like its almost healed (see the picture below). There was a lot of dead skin over it when they took the cast out. The ankle was also pretty stiff. My surgeon checked to see if the tendon was now stable and not subluxing. I did not have the strength to push against his hand so he applied some pressure and felt that the peroneal tendon was stable and wouldn't pop out. That is all for now, I will add in another post once I start physical therapy!

My ankle after coming out of the cast

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Bhargav! I had been wondering how you were doing! The picture of your ankle looks so good - looks like it has healed very well so far!! I look forward to your post after you start physical therapy! It will be helpful if you can share some of the exercises that your doctor has you do! Best of luck as you continue recovery!!

    ReplyDelete